These sparkly colorful liqueur spirits are a great way to add a touch of sparkling pizzaz to any cocktail that lists liqueur as an ingredient! Melon Ball? More like Glitter Ball. Margarita? More like Magic-rita. You can also use them to create your own, glitter-infused cocktail concoctions like we did!
Here's how to make your own shimmery liqueurs:
- Flavored, colorful liqueur - so what we used below
- Various Brew Glitter colors
- Clear glass containers with lids
Match Up Your Colors
To keep your sparkly liqueur colorful long-term, it's important to use Brew Glitter® dusts & glitters that corresponds to the color of your liqueur. If you use Silver Brew Glitter® as an example, the silver color infuses into the liqueur and turns it a mottled, gray hue. You can shop around on our website until you find the perfect glitter colors to match your needs!
Here are the pairings the Brew Glitter® team used:
- Pink Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz passion fruit liqueur + 3/4 tsp Pink Brew Glitter
- Orange Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz peach liqueur + 1/4 tsp Yellow Brew Glitter + 1/2 tsp Bronze Brew Glitter
- Yellow Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz banana liqueur + 3/4 tsp Yellow Brew Glitter
- Green Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz melon liqueur + 3/4 tsp Green Brew Glitter
- Blue Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz blue curacao + 1/2 tsp Purple Brew Glitter + 1/4 tsp Blue Brew Glitter
- Purple Liqueur Shimmer: 12 oz sloe gin + 3/4 tsp Purple Brew Glitter
Mix It Up
Pour your favorite flavored liqueur into a clear glass bottle, add Brew Glitter and stir. It's important to use room temperature liqueur to ensure the glitter dust mixes easily and completely. Add a lid and store your new shimmery spirit at room temperature until ready to serve. Before serving, simply give it a shake to re-mix the Brew Glitter® and liquid.
How to Serve
The traditional way to serve shimmery liqueur: Fill a shaker with ice. Pour shimmery liqueur over ice and shake for about 15 seconds. Fill a martini glass 3/4 full, then top with sparkling wine or Moscato.